Tamorrion Terry was born in Ashburn, Georgia and after a high-school career at Turner County High School, he committed to Florida State University. Terry redshirted his first year at FSU and then broke the freshman receiving record with 744 yards for 8 touchdowns.
Terry broke out in his redshirt sophomore year in 2019 and it was a surprise to some that he didn’t declare for the 2020 NFL Draft. Instead, Terry returned to FSU and played in the shortened 2020-21 season.
Here are his 3-year college career stats (via ESPN):
- 6’4, 210 lbs, great athlete for his size and has some big play ability.
- Surprisingly good accelerator due to his long strides which allow him to gain separation easily.
- Has neat footwork that helps him stop on a dime and win comeback/curl combos
- Catch radius is massive and his frame definitely helps him make catches in traffic look fairly easy.
- Terry needs to work on his tracking of the ball and catching technique. He’s had a fair few drops over his career because of these raw traits.
- He can be overly conservative at the catch point which is frustrating because he can get the separation he needs and then will lose it when he has to go up for t he ball.
- Route running is a little stiff and he has to rely on his speed to get the job done.
- The argument could be made that he needs to fill his frame out more given he’s only 210 pounds but that could cause him to lose some of that impressive speed.
What Tamorrion Terry can bring to the Eagles:
The Eagles still have holes at wide receiver and they are crying out for an X receiver to really take over for this offense and give Jalen Hurts the best chance to succeed. Whilst Terry won’t be that straight away, he offers upside and as an early day 3 pick to grow into that role.
If the Eagles went with someone like Chase or Pitts at #6, Terry would be a great compliment. With the size, length, power, and speed Terry offers at the position, he could offer a lot of mismatches at the next level and would fit the prototype of what Sirianni likes at wide receiver.
Photo by Logan Stanford/Icon Sportswire
The post Eagles Draft Profiles: Getting to know Tamorrion Terry appeared first on PHILLY SPORTS NETWORK.