Originally posted on www.crossingbroad.com
The Browns hype train was derailed after a 43-13 blowout loss at home to the Titans, while the Jets blew a 16-0 second half lead in a deflating home loss to the Bills.
The two teams will meet on Monday night as Cleveland tries to prove they’re not the same old Browns. The Jets, meanwhile, will attempt to bounce back down starting quarterback Sam Darnold, who’s out with…mono.
Truly, it’s a prime-time backdrop that only the Jets and Browns could provide.
Which team will get it done tonight? Let’s run through everything you need to know in our Browns-Jets Monday Night Football betting preview.
How to Bet on Jets-Browns
Here are some of the top legal online sportsbook promos and odds boosts for tonight’s game:
PointsBet remains one of the top NJ online sports betting options, and they have some good stuff tonight. Among the highlights:
- Don’t pay juiced up spread prices. PointsBet offers -105 spread bets on all games.
- Make it Rain promo. Users can get $6 in bonus money for every touchdown your teams scores team when you make a $50 pre-game bet.
- Odds boosts. Baker Mayfield to Pass for 250+ yards and Browns to win (Boosted from +150 to +170), Odell Beckham Jr. to record 90+ receiving yards and the Browns to win (Boosted from +240 to +270), and Le’Veon Bell to rush for 100+ yards and the Jets to win is boosted from +550 to +600.
William Hill NJ
William Hill NJ is also offering a Trifecta Sweep promo. Users that place correct bets on the full-game spread, total, and first half spread will have their winnings boosted by a full bet up to $100.
Just bet $25 or more on any player to score the first touchdown, and FanDuel will credit you a $5 bonus every time that player’s team scores a touchdown.
DraftKings Sportsbook is still offering a $200 first bet match and has a Week 2 Marquee Matchup promo tonight between Nick Chubb and Le’Veon Bell. Place at least a $20 spread bet and receive a free bet for every touchdown your team’s star scores.
They are also offering New Jersey’s first NFL supercontest named DraftKings Sportsbook Super Pool. You can sign up until September 29. $500 entry fee. $1 million in prizes. Not bad.
How to Watch Jets-Browns
- Date: Monday, September 16
- Time: 8:20 p.m. EST
- Location: MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)
- Network: ESPN
- Announcers: Joe Tessitore, Booger McFarland, Lisa Salters
Here are the current Jets-Browns betting odds at some of the top legal online sportsbooks:
|Jets||+6.5 (-110)||+230||O 45.5 (-110)|
|Browns||-6.5 (-110)||-270||U 45.5 (-110)|
|Jets||+6.5 (-110)||+220||O 45.5 (-110)|
|Browns||-6.5 (-110)||-278||U 45.5 (-110)|
|Jets||+6.5 (-110)||+225||O 45.5 (-110)|
|Browns||-6.5 (-110)||-265||U 45.5 (-110)|
|Jets||+6.5 (-105)||+215||O 45 (-115)|
|Browns||-6.5 (-105)||-276||U 55 (-105)|
Jets-Browns Betting Trends
- We will get to the team-specific trends in a minute, but there’s no sense in burying what I believe may be the most important trend ahead of this game–dating back to 2003, road favorites in prime-time games that are coming off a double digit loss are 19-8-1 ATS, including 8-3 ATS on Monday night football.
- The Browns haven’t been a good bet against losing teams lately. Over their last 17 games against opponents with a losing record, Cleveland is only 5-12 ATS.
- The Browns haven’t been ready for prime-time. They’re only 2-6 ATS over their last Monday Night Football appearances, albeit those appearances have been infrequent.
- Cleveland has bounced back well after failures to cover the spread. They’re 6-2 ATS after failing to cover, while New York is only 1-5 ATS in their last six games after failing to cover.
- Cleveland showed progress late last year in terms of covering the spread on the road, scoring ATS wins in four its last six games away from home.
- Underdogs are 5-1 ATS in prime-time this season.
The Browns were served a hearty slice of humble pie last week after an offseason spent talking a big game. As bad as they were, I suspect this team will be a factor in the AFC North this season. With Baltimore out to a quick 2-0 start, the Browns can ill afford to drop this game.
As recent history has shown, teams that get rocked in their previous game only to hit the road as a favorite have typically responded well. Moreover, the Browns began to demonstrate an ability to rebound with covers after failing to do so late last season. Baker Mayfield may not be as good as he thinks he is, but he should be good enough to lead the Browns to a cover tonight.
Browns 26, Jets 16
The post Jets vs. Browns Monday Night Football Betting Preview: Odds, Picks, Predictions appeared first on Crossing Broad.